members can access the July newsletter here, complete with a BUMPER “Bits and Pieces” from Peter Sealy.
What a busy month June turned into. We wanted everyone to join to show that “members make the meeting” and you did just that and all the meetings were lively and interactive. A really good result.
We continue to grow in Port Mac, now over 50 members and with the local club running a huge Apple promotion – well who knows what will happen!
Canberra had a very successful ‘round table’ night, so much so that we’re doing it again PLUS our editor Santo has agreed to chair a ‘beginners table’ which – if the requests are any guidance – is going to be quite popular.
And the south coast had yet another of their energetic chat-fests with some new people and a load of Q&A. Always a great meeting there.
the June newsletter is now available to members.
Both Canberra and Port Mac have some great topics and activities lined up for their meetings this month.
Canberra (Tuesday 13th June)
7:30pm Members Make the Meeting:
– Mac Email, with Tristan
– iTunes, with Frank
– Podcasts etc, with Trevor
8:30 ~Coffee/Tea Break~
8:40 Members Make the Meeting:
– iOS Email, with Tristan
– Photos, with Frank
– Top Ten Apps, with Trevor
Port Mac (Saturday 17th June)
9:15am Doors Open
9:30 Q&A Session
10:15 ~Morning Tea~
10:30 Member Presentations
9:30am iPad Basics
12:15 Traveling the world with your Apple
1:45 Sharing and enjoying your Photos
3:15 Dealing with a sad Mac
the May newsletter is now available to rmembers. Happy reading!
For the Canberra meeting we’ll have our guest presenter, Roger’s new insights into the iWork thanks to O’Reilly, Dave’s heading back to the bookshelf to remind us of the best sci-fi, and Santo discovering one the the excellent ’Take Control’ e-books – May could become the project month!
Don’t forget also, ACTApple has a small library of ‘Take Control’ e-books available for free to members. You can find out more from Trevor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
April newsletter now available to members here, with some enjoyable new articles and so a big thumbs UP! from me 🙂
A little later than he’d like but like all of us even our dedicated editor’s time gets squeezed too hard occasionally.
A few notes for all…
- “Members Make The Meeting”?? You bet! Coming to you in June! But I’m told it’s already started in Port with some enjoyable newbie presenters having a go on the weekend with great success.
- In Cbr Trev will be going over Photos on the iPad, but we’ve also had a few people asking about iTunes so I’ll do an informal round-table for iTunes in the main hall.
- Looks like Don (one of our Port members) is starting to enjoy his cartooning pursuit more and more. Well done Don! Keep them coming!
- And a thought for David Knowles…maybe you’d enjoy a visit to www.discogs.com? I’m guessing you’d have some vinyl records and Discogs has a great way for you to document/value your whole collection. Perfect gift for the avid record-keeper 🙂
- Don’t forget our discount code to O’reilly books for some of the best technical and ‘how-to’ books you can get (code in the newsletter).
time for your March newsletter (members can access it online here).
A few notes for all…
- Have you checked out our software collection on the website yet??
- “Members Make The Meeting”?? You bet! Coming to you in June! See inside.
- I’ll be in Port Mac on Saturday for another afternoon chock-full of info. With the interest we had from the Seniors Expo it could be a busy day!
- Port Mac had a big day out at the Seniors Expo. Canberra’s turn next. If you can help on the day then it’ll make a big difference. Please let Trevor know. See inside.
- Some welcomed variety for our Canberra meeting on Tuesday with Geoff Alves showing all you need to know about travelling with your iDevice. Should be an excellent session. And Tristan taking for Mac Basics.Enjoy,