You may notice the login/register option on the sidebar and in some menus. We will be introducing a new feature so ACTApple members can log in to the members only content using their own user ID (which can be your email address) and your own password – so hooray, no more trying to remember the ACTApple assigned password, you will be able to choose your own!
The feature is still being tested, so please don’t bother registering just yet – keep using the existing password for members only content. If you do mistakenly register, that’s fine, we’ll hold your registration request until we are ready to switch over.
We’ll let everyone know when to register so you can continue to access members only content when the changeover happens.
Find in the members area your December issue, last for the year. A big thanks to Santo for a great newsletter every month, and everyone on and off the committee who has helped ACTApple tick over successfully for another year.
- Renewal season is still going. About one third of members still to renew, so please have a look at that before end-Dec.
- A couple of very interesting articles by Martina.
- Canberra Xmas meeting this month, with snacks and drinks. We’ll still be doing Q&A, and John will show us some of his favourite apps. Looking forward to seeing you there.
- No Canberra daytime meeting this month.
- One of our main benefits is our opt-in General Help email list. You can send any mac or i-device question (or even just general discussion) to this list and you will normally get a response from other members within the hour. Your question gets seen by everyone on the list and you will usually get answers from multiple people. Likewise you see everyone else’s questions, giving you a good way to learn from the experience of others. Your email address is distributed with your question, however note that it is not open to the public – only paid-up ACTApple members are on the list. Visit www.stagecraft.cx/mailman/listinfo/actapple for more details and to subscribe.
your November issue now available in the members section..
- Renewal season is here. By now you will have received a renewal notice. Or a confirmation that your membership is up to date and no payment is needed. Thanks to those who have already paid their renewal fees, I’ll be processing receipts en masse in the coming week or two. Just like last year we’ll have prizes drawn at the Xmas meetings. To be eligible you need to have renewed by 1-Dec.
- Port Mac have their Xmas meeting this month.
- Next Canberra daytime meeting is at Raiders Weston Club 12:30 28-Nov.
Next South Coast meeting is 2-Dec.
Hi – members can now renew for 2019. Go to the website shop page, and you will see two renewal options, one for electronic magazine only, and another if you wish to have a printed version.
If paying by credit card, the payments are processed by Paypal, but you do not need to be a Paypal registered user.
October newsletter now available for members here. More great articles plus! the return of Pete’s excellent ‘Bits and Pieces’. Woohoo!! And an excellent little write-up from Port Mac about ‘fall detection’ on the Watch (which I think is one of it’s very best features. That and the new WatchOS 5 ‘walkie-talkie’ mode.)