Temporary Meeting Arrangements
As a result of the Coronavirus situation and government health recommendations, ACTApple will be replacing all of our regular meetings with online webinars. One advantage is that members, regardless of their location, will be able to join the meetings online – and you can join either the Canberra or Port Macquarie meetings – or both!
Please check your emails for details on how to connect to the webinars.
Meeting times will remain the same – so for dates and times, see our calendar of events here.
The annual renewals are now available to existing members until early next year. Just go to the Shop page, and choose your renewal option.
We’re heading into AGM season, please consider whether you can come onto the committee to help us run the club in either Cbr or Port Mac.
- Canberra meeting is this Wednesday (18th September) – AGM meeting.
- Port Mac next meeting is 21st September, I’m looking forward to another visit and to run the AGM.
- South Coast meeting this weekend – Sunday 15th September 1pm at Moruya Golf Club with Trev, myself and Santo.regards
A reminder that the Canberra meeting for August is on Wednesday 21st
The September meetings will be the AGMs – so now is a great time to start thinking about nominating to join the committee and help the Club continue to grow, and have direct input in areas you may be interested in.
the July issue of the newsletter is now available to members from the Newsletter page .
A few reminders…The committee is still pushing to get more members into show-n-tell sessions. We need people to show others how they use some of their most-used apps. There is ALWAYS something to show that others will not have seen. It’s not about being seen as an expert, it’s about showing others something useful on their device.In the meantime 🙂 …
- Did you get Santo’s iMovie workshop in Canberra? If you missed it then feel free to let him know, you may be able to persuade him to do another one.
- Have you checked out Garry’s MacYTDL app for downloading videos from websites? Very handy, give it a spin. He’s given you a write-up about it to help you see how useful it can be.
- As usual our excellent articles from Martina and Peter.
- Canberra meetings are now in the daytime on the 3rd Wed of each month except Jan. Next meeting is 17-July.
- Port Mac meeting is Saturday 20-July.
- One of our main benefits is our opt-in General Help email list. You can send any mac or i-device question (or even just general discussion) to this list and you will normally get a response from other members within the hour. Your question gets seen by everyone on the list and you will usually get answers from multiple people. Likewise you see everyone else’s questions, giving you a good way to learn from the experience of others. Only paid-up ACTApple members are on the list. Visit www.stagecraft.cx/mailman/listinfo/actapple for more details and to subscribe.